Thursday 25 December 2014

dressing down....



Still struggling with wearing the right amount of clothes (i.e. less) for the hot and humid conditions. This is partly because everyday Coogee-style is basically a very casual cross between swimwear, sports gear and pyjamas.  People seem completely calm about going around in their underwear whilst I have neither the aptitude nor the physique to do this.


So, still wearing too many layers (and carrying a jumper with me at all times ‘just in case’). Even when I walk down to my tennis lesson ( – I know, I am impressed too! -)  in shorts and a teeshirt I feel a bit naked. Who knows how long adaption to new climes is going to take. Probably just in time for returning to London.


As many of my friends will know, I am not a snappy dresser. Happy to lounge around in my PJs for much of the day if allowed. One of the things I like about Moscow is that - inside - everyone dresses down like this, even to visit their neighbours in nearby blocks. But that is inside, and amongst people you know, not on public display. Here my old-fashioned English reticence definitely leaps to the fore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment