Wednesday 29 October 2014

assumptions



Bit of an unintended posting delay; got sick with food-poisoning last weekend and only just getting my act back together. Actually hilarious, as it made me realize some of the assumptions I had about this trip. That nobody gets sick in Sydney because the weather is so nice and everyone is health and fitness obsessed. Even worse, believing that in moving here for the year I would seamlessly (and effortlessly) transform into a whole new kind of person – fit, slim, a healthy eater, relaxed, calm and able to research a new book ‘on the side’ of having a job. Ha! Yes, of course, just prevaricating as usual, and pretty much the same shape/healthiness as when I arrived. Also, seems like food poisoning is actually quite common (given the comments from my workmates), and that the sunshine - at this time of year at least - comes together with humidity/storms, which presumably helps bugs to thrive. Oh, and of course, Australians get sick just like anyone else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment